It's good to know just what types of reviews these sites would be willing to remove from your business profile.
Here is a list of the main reasons why the would take a negative review from your profile:
The review contains demonstrably false information: Statements that are assertions of fact and materially false, excluding opinion, will be removed for violating Yelp’s content guidelines.
Conflict of Interest or Bias
The reviewer has an evident conflict of interest or bias: Reviews that exhibit an apparent conflict of interest include reviews by former competitors and employees, persons affiliated with the business, and reviewers who are clearly receiving financial compensation or other incentives for posting the review.
Fails to Focus on the Consumer Experience
The review fails to focus on a reviewer’s personal consumer experience: If a review is about someone else’s experience, disputing another Yelper’s review, is about the wrong business or appears to be plagiarized, it will likely be removed by Yelp.
Inappropriate or Offensive
The review includes inappropriate and offensive content: Inappropriate and offensive content includes hate speech, threatening language, lewd commentary, and private information about employers, employees, and even patrons.
Contributions to Google Maps should reflect a genuine experience at a place or business. Fake Engagement is not allowed and will be removed.
- Paying, incentivizing or encouraging the posting of content that does not represent a genuine experience.
- Content that is not based on a real experience and does not accurately represent the location or product in question.
- Content that has been incentivized by a business in exchange for discounts, free goods and/or services.
- Content that has been posted by a competitor to undermine a business or product’s reputation.
- Content that has been posted from multiple accounts to manipulate a place’s rating.